Pre-school and Kindergarten Dance Class Schedule
The SNAP staff believes pre-school dance will enrich the lives of all children. Our program is designed to accommodate the needs of every child, during the students’ most formative years. Dance class will enhance your child’s life by re-enforcing his/her listening skills, establish manners, aid in his/her ability to follow directions, introduce rhythm and musicality, increase body awareness, enhance gross motor skills and spatial awareness, and especially, by encouraging his/her imagination to take him/her to new places!
How to choose the right class for your child:
2-3 years old (Baby Ballet): Gross motor skill development begins here. Students will work on listening skills, work with props, listen and dance to directive songs, practice gallops, marches, walks on tip toes, twirling, sing songs, and most of all, use their imaginations to create, within a safe and warm environment.
3-4 years old (Story Ballet): Gross motor skill development continues in this age range. This age group will work on listening skills/following directions, pointing/flexing their feet, gross motor skills, imaginative play, listen to a story and act it out, use props, and learn very basic ballet terminology.
4-5 years old (Pre-school Ballet or Pre-school Tap): Dancers begin to widen their vocabulary of ballet/tap steps and positions, continue to work on gross motor and beginning fine motor skills, port de bras, classroom behavioral expectations, beginning musicality, and will participate in their first recital if enrolled through recital season.
5-6 years old (Kindergarten Ballet, Kindergarten Tap, or Kindergarten Jazz): Kindergartners will continue to grow as dancers by learning more steps in this level. This is our first year for Jazz class for any dancer. Many children pair Ballet and Tap on Monday afternoons, Wednesday mornings and Thursday afternoons for more comprehensive training.
Winter 2018 Class Schedule
ALL RECITAL CLASSES ARE FULL, DUE TO COSTUME SHIP DATES.
- 10-10:45am Story Ballet
- 11-11:45am Preschool Ballet FULL
- 12-12:45pm Story Ballet
- 2-2:45pm Kindergarten Ballet (can be taken with tap) FULL
- 3-3:45pm Preschool/Kindergarten Tap (can be taken with ballet) FULL
- 9:30-10:15am Story Ballet FULL
- 10:30-11:15am Baby Ballet FULL
- 12-12:45pm Preschool Ballet FULL
- 1-1:45pm Non-Recital Preschool Ballet, April and May only
- 9:30-10:15am Kindergarten Ballet (can be taken with tap) FULL
- 10:30-11:15am Kindergarten Tap (can be taken with ballet) FULL
- 10:45am-11:30am Baby Ballet OPEN
- 11:45-12:30pm Baby Ballet, April and May only OPEN
- 2-2:45pm Preschool Ballet FULL
- 3:30-4:15pm Kindergarten Ballet FULL
- 9:45-10:30am Story Ballet OPEN
- 10:45-11:30am Preschool Ballet FULL
- 11:45-12:30am Baby Ballet FULL
- 1-1:45pm Preschool/Kindergarten Tap (can be taken with ballet) FULL
- 2-2:45pm Preschool/Kindergarten Ballet (can be taken with tap) FULL
- 4:15-5pm Preschool/Kindergarten Ballet FULL
- 3:30-4:15pm Kindergarten Jazz FULL
Summer 2018 class schedule
- 3:15-4:00pm 2-3 year old Baby and Story Ballet
- 3:15-4:00pm Preschool Tap
- 3:15-4:00pm Story Ballet
- 4:15-5:00pm Preschool Ballet